Thursday, December 20, 2012

My favorite 2012 music discoveries

Everyone seems to publish end of year lists and I'm no different ...   Here's my list of top-10 favorite albums over the last year.  Mind you, these albums weren't released during 2012, rather I discovered, or rediscovered them during the year.





Manassas "Manassas"  - Perhaps the best CSN&Y 'outside' project ...










Angel Pavement "Maybe Tomorrow" - Fantastic and totally overlooked late '60s UK pop









Claire Lepage & Compagne "Claire Lepage & Compagne" - Who knew that Quebec produced such a cool psych act?










Betty Davis "Nasty Girl" - Yeah, she could kick my butt !








Glenn Farina "Glenn Farina" - One of the rarest tax scam releases and it was actually really good.  Sold within three hours of listing.  wish I'd kept it now.








Majority One "Majority One" - I thought they were Dutch for all these years.










The David "Another Day, Another Lifetime" - Awesome US psych outfit that should have been a massive hit.







Wilson Pickett "Don't Knock My Love" - His last LP for Atlantic and almost as good as his mid-'60s classics.









Sandy Denny "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" - Amazing boxed set ...  what a talent









The Fox "For Fox Sake Vol 1" Great UK pop-psych and still affordable.  How can you not like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment